Blogs by Category

Friday, June 22, 2018

Walk On by Ben Malcolmson






WOW!!!

First, I have to admit I am the only female in a house of males and often I get tired of everything sports. I like to watch when my own kids are playing on a team, but otherwise, I would often rather do something else other than watch sports. And I never want to pick up a book reading about sports or the players. So picking up and reading a book about a football player, well let's just say it was not my first choice. I actually am not really sure why I decided to join the launch team for this book as it is not my normal genre. Something about the book intrigued me and am I thankful. I started reading and COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN! I was completely surprised! It is truly a remarkable story and I just loved his sense of humor. While Ben has had remarkable opportunities, he is also very humble and just a very, very likable man. This story is very similar to Rudy, the walk on at Notre Dame except with one most important and remarkable difference. Ben clearly sees God's hand guiding his path and talks about his faith in this book. That was left out of Rudy's story. Rudy failed to see the bigger picture - the picture that God had a purpose for him and his journey was to point others to see Jesus. Ben gets that and that makes this a remarkable book, a most remarkable story. 

And shhhh ---- don't tell but when this book officially gets released, I will be purchasing several copies to give as gifts. I know I want my sons to read it. I think it is a story they would enjoy. It is important to have Godly men that live out their faith and are good examples for young men of today to look to, be inspired by and follow. We have such a lack of character in those of Hollywood and often times those are the larger than life examples our youth of today see so vividly in the media. Yet, it is men like Ben that should be held up for our youth to see as an example to follow. 

I found Ben's book to be a blessing and I am so thankful I decided to join the launch team and read it. I simply cannot say enough about how surprisingly wonderful this book truly was. I highly recommend it and can honestly say it would appeal to all as this truly is not my normal genre. I actually found myself rooting for Ben and the Trojans along the way!

"I received this book from the publisher through their book launch program."

No comments: