Blogs by Category

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Art Class - based on the work of Keith Haring

Our art class this time was based on the work of Keith Haring (note - if you go out and look at some of his work - please be aware that some of his work is totally inappropriate for children - of course our art class did not utilize those for our project). He does some great figure sculptures with bold colors.

Above I am cutting out some of the shapes that will then be used to make the body of the figure. My middle one was able to do his own cutting but my youngest needed help - as it required the use of an exacto knife.

The art teacher is helping my son to assemble his pieces.
My other son is assembling his pieces.

Here you can get an idea of the finished figure - he does have it upside down as he is working on attaching the legs.

No comments: