Blogs by Category

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sewing project long overdue

Okay - sewing isn't my thing. And yet - I end up having to sew on all the patches and badges for our Cub and Boy Scouts. I am (of course) behind (because who rushes to do the dreaded tasks in life) --- and decided to force myself to do it tonight. I had to get my older son's shirt to see where to sew stuff on. And so the project begins.

I love my kids and do this for them --- but I would rather be doing anything else! These badges were not created to sew on easily or nicely. Then after I get them all sewed on - I look and usually something is crooked or off. Ahhhhhh! It is agony! Agony, I tell you! Plus I usually stab myself with the needle at least 4 times -- and then have to try to not bleed all over the shirt. (My oldest son tells me that some moms hot glue the badges! I am tempted I tell you. Tempted!)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

HaHa! I know right where you're coming from. I used to have to sew patches on our Awana uniforms and I always felt the same way as you do! Fortunately, over the years the Awana uniforms have evolved into basically a plain t-shirt with pin-on patches! However I still have a bit of a sewing problem with my daughter's school clothes. They have to wear khaki pants and I never have been able to find any that are the right length on her. Apparently junior sizes don't come in petite! So I always have to cut off the bottoms of her pants legs and hem them. She started school this week and all the pants I bought are still on top of the dryer waiting for me to hem them! Thank goodness she has been able to wear some of last year's pants!

Our Blessed Journey said...

ya, I don't do that...what's it called, sewing? My husband has left countless numbers of pants, just requiring a button--ONE BUTTON--and these pants will sit in wait for MONTHS!

Debbie said...

I can totally relate! My husband's mother lives about a hour away - and when we know she is coming to visit my husband will call and ask her to bring buttons and a needle. She then sews the buttons on for him. And yes I know it shouldn't be that hard!! I can do it - I just really, really dislike it - and it never seems to rise up to the top of the to-do list. (That is just so sad!) But there you have it!