Blogs by Category

Friday, September 16, 2011

Dinner


We had just a fabulous dinner tonight. It was a rather unusual combination but really tasted well together. We had asparagus & green beans (for those in the family that just won't eat asparagus), corn beef (baked in the oven - it was so nice to turn the oven on to take the chill out of the air), Smoky Three-Bean Bake and Hot Potato Salad. The bean bake and the tater salad were new recipes - and WOW were they good. Highly recommend both. Here they are:

This is the link for the recipe for the Hot Potato Salad (really good!).

This is the link for the Smoky Three Bean Bake (also really good!).

I wanted to make a nice dinner for the family as it was the first time in several weeks that we were able to sit down all of us together. It seemed like we should have a special dinner. Normally, we always try to have family dinners - sitting down, praying, eating and sharing what happened in our day. Since my oldest is now going to school - things have changed, schedules have changed and we don't always get to have family dinners together. I miss that.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

The recipes sound delicious, especially the hot potato salad! Can't wait to try them! Thanks for sharing :)

I know what you mean about the schedule getting crazy after your son started going to school. I really miss having my daughter at home. And the busyness of her schedule took some getting used to. I would rather her be at home still, but overall I think we have adjusted well. And I know that your family will too!