Blogs by Category

Friday, March 2, 2012

sprouting

I have been getting into sprouting as it is so healthy for you and a great way to get fresh 'greens' in the middle of winter. This was one that I was just fascinated to try. This is the Beanie's Awesome Mix - after sprouted and ready to be eaten. I tried them just eating them by themselves - very good; put them on a salad - really loved them that way; and tried this recipe -- click here --- with a few modifications (no soy sauce) - it was fabulous. My husband and I enjoyed it very much - my kids took one look and wanted nothing to do with it. Sprouts are just not for them - which I really don't understand - because I just loved them.

I took a bunch of pictures of the various sprouts I decided to get -- who knew there were so many types of sprouts - until I got into this - I have only eaten alfalfa sprouts. Love them but the variety of sprouts is just fascinating.
I have this one - the French Garden - in my sprouter now. It needs a few more days before it will be ready to munch on. It looks really good though.



I purchased the sprouter from here - and it came with the package of alfalfa sprouts. The rest of the sprouts came from here. Lots of recipes on the sprouting website also. I was just amazed to see the variety of sprouts and to see all the different ways sprouts can be used. Another interesting fact - most sprouts have a fairly long shelf life - you can find out more about that by clicking here.

Happy sprouting!

No comments: