Blogs by Category

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Secretly Smitten: Love Changes Everything - Book Review



Secretly Smitten: Love Changes Everything by Kristen Billerbeck, Colleen Coble, Diann Hunt, and Denise Hunter. This is really 4 novelettes all rolled into one book. I really enjoyed the writing and love the story line. I just wish that each of the 4 separate stories had been developed further and the characters story line taken to a further place. I felt that each of the individual stories kind of left you hanging - looking for more info. There is a main story line that involves a mystery of how dog tags were left in Grandma's attic from a man that supposedly died 50 years ago. That storyline is continued and talked about in varying degrees throughout all 4 of the novelettes. The other 4 stories are love stories involving the mother, Anna and her 3 grown daughters, Zoe, Clara, and Tess. The book does refer to characters that we should know about from the first book in the series - I had not read the first book and there were times when I felt like a character just plopped into the book with no introduction. Still, it was a delightful book and I found that once I got into the story I couldn't put it down. 

This book was provided for free from Thomas Nelson through Booksneeze. 

No comments: