Blogs by Category

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

This is the Day by Tm Tebow - book review

This Is the Day: Reclaim Your Dream. Ignite Your Passion. Live Your Purpose  -     By: Tim Tebow, A.J. Gregory

RECLAIM YOUR DREAM. IGNITE YOUR PASSION. LIVE YOUR PURPOSE.

"This is the day! Leave the past behind. Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin!"

I truly needed those words yet they were especially hard for me to hear. My husband just up and walked out on me after 26 years of marriage. No word no warning. Just came home and found he was gone. So 'this became my day to leave the past behind. To live my purpose. To begin anew.' I needed to hear the words that Tim Tebow was speaking but also found it hard. I was thrust into a place I didn't chose for myself and it was especially hard. So I would read a few chapters and his words reached deep into my heart. I would have to put the book down for a bit to just let it sink in. It was too overwhelming to do more. At one point I was feeling especially down about my failed marriage and then read this "Can't let one day, one game, one play, a losing streak, or a string of home runs define anything. This is as true in life as it is in sports." I needed to not let a failed marriage define me. I also read "one of the greatest temptations is to worry instead of pray, trust God and take action. Worry won't change anything." Yes, how very true but sometimes trusting God is hard. There is that part of me that wants to blame Him for letting this happen, and therefore how can I trust Him. Yet, I realize He is there to comfort me and lead me through this. He did not cause my heartache. Sin has entered the world and therefore, we will all at times experience heartache. But He is there for us always - to provide comfort and direction. 

I have to confess I am not that in to sports but did find the sports analogies in Tim Tebow's book to be very understandable and extremely helpful. This book was launched at a perfect time for my life. It spoke right to my heart. It was a great read. I received this book from the publisher through their book launch program.

No comments: