Blogs by Category

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Dear GrandChild This Is Me book review




Preserving a legacy can feel like a daunting task. There are many things one would like to pass on to a grandchild. This book just makes it easy to do so. As I looked at this book I actually even thought this would be great for a child. I had a very good friend that died way too early from breast cancer and her daughter was only 8 or 9 years old at the time. There was so much wisdom, stories and advice that she would have wanted to share with her daughter as she went through various stages of her life. I hope that the authors tailor the book for a parent to share with a child also. At the point my friend knew she wasn't going to make it, she was not in a position to figure out what to share but having a book like this that provided a framework to start from would have been great. The only negative with this book is that often times, hopefully, we would have more that one grandchild. So do you create several of these books to pass along? Or do one for the family to share? Still I think it is a fantastic keepsake that one could pass along to future generations. Really loved the format! Great idea. I think I am going to start mine now. I have no grandchildren but when hopefully they come along I will have something to share. Plus, if for some reason I am not here when they arrive, this will be a nice way to share some of me with them. 

https://www.facebook.com/WaterBrookMultnomah/videos/390487758335446/

I received this book from WaterBrook & Mulnomah in exchanged for a honest review. 

No comments: