Blogs by Category

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Garden Bean Salad

I got this recipe out of Taste of Home. It was very good.
It is a great 'meatless' meal. 

2 cans (16 oz each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2 cans (15 oz each) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
2 medium carrots, grated
1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced (I did not peel or seed - I used it all)
1 small zucchini, diced
5 medium radishes, sliced

In a bowl combine ingredients. 

In a small bowl, combine the following:
2/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt (I did not add)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder

Mix well. Pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Then top with 1/2 cup shredded Swiss Cheese. 



2 comments:

whatexackley said...

Sounds YUMMO as Rachel Ray would say! I can't wait to try it. My dh likes 3 and 4 bean salad so I'm sure he'll enjoy this. Thanks for posting it to SHS!!
Lis from SHS

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I have all these ingredients. Taste of Home recipes are always a winner. I will need to try this.