Blogs by Category

Saturday, December 27, 2008

New book - God's Promises for Your Every Need

For Christmas my husband gave me a new devotional book. It is really wonderful. 

I was reading tonight how Jesus is our sufficiency. Here are a few bible verses. 

And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them. Mark 11:24

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God. II Corinthians 3:5

I just thought that this was a wonderful reminder at this time when we should be focused on Jesus (the reason for the season). Yet, often times, it seems we are more focused on the material aspect of giving and getting. We get upset when we don't get all that we want at Christmas and yet God does supply all the we need - not necessarily all we want but all that we need. An important reminder. May God bless you and may you enjoy this holiday season to its fullest by staying focused on Jesus. 

No comments: