Blogs by Category

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Feeling relieved (and grateful!)

I have been working part time at the church for our confirmation program - we have close to 390 students going through the confirmation program. In 6th grade, we have the kids going through communion instructions and then follow that up with a Seder Supper. The Seder Supper is also instructional as it teaches them about that tradition from the Old Testament. As part of the Seder Supper we incorporate communion - so it is the 6th graders chance to have their first communion after being instructed on the meaning and importance of communion. 

The Seder Supper was last week Tuesday night. Set up takes all day. We had almost 400 people for dinner that night. It was fabulous. I was in charge of getting things ready and setting things up for that night. I am very grateful that things all went well. I wanted to do a good job for the church and for the families that were a part of that special event. 

I am relieved that it is over and now I am concentrating on confirmation for the 8th graders (the next big event I have to plan! - pray it goes well!)

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Sounds like you are involved in plannings lots of different things!