Blogs by Category

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Winter storm?????

Snow, 
Snow, 
Snow, and more
Snow

Hard to believe it is 7 days into spring and we are getting socked with a winter storm. We are expected to get 7 to 11 inches of that beautiful white stuff. Normally, we love snow but this late in the season - it just is tiring. We were so looking forward to spring. A few weeks ago we got teased with beautifully warm weather. It made us want more and it is so disappointing to be getting this much snow. We are going to go to the later church service tomorrow --- only so that they have time to plow and make the roads safe before we venture out. We have 4 wheel drive so we could go earlier but none of us feel like being in the snow. We just want spring. 

Waiting for Spring!
Wishing it was here!
When will it arrive?
Why are aren't you here?

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, I would love to see snow! Way down here in south Georgia, we get teased with snow flurries maybe once every couple of years.

But, I truly do understand your desire for spring after so much snow and cold! It is very nice weather here, maybe spring won't be too long in coming your way!

Blessings,
Melissa

Debbie said...

I am hoping spring is just around the corner. My husband and kids went out to shovel the sidewalks. They all refused to do the alley. Said it would melt soon and they just flat out refused. I think they muttered something about we could drive over it just fine until it melted.

I think we are just ready for spring!
Debbie

Cynthia said...

I hear you! I drove home 250 miles the other day in near blizzard conditions! The slush was awful. I'd rather have the light snow of winter instead of the heavy wet snow of spring. But, we are getting lots of great moisture so I guess it's not all bad.

Debbie said...

I know that wet stuff is tough. My husband has a bad back and wet snow is tough to shovel. It was enough to cause him some back problems. He was not happy with that. Poor guy. Thankfully he was just sore for a few days.