Blogs by Category

Sunday, May 3, 2009

sick

I haven't been blogging lately. I have been so sick. And with all the stuff going on with swine flu --- boy, have I felt conspicuous coughing in public. Yet, I knew I didn't have that as I have literally been sick with this for 3 to 4 weeks. Prior to swine flu getting here. 

I got a cold then started getting better. Then relapsed and it just hung on. I couldn't get better. After spending one entire night up coughing, I gave in and visited the doctor. I have a very bad case of bronchitis. I started on a very strong antibiotic. Still, it is hanging on. I was even given cough syrup with codeine. Love it. It prevents the cough and helps me to finally get some rest. Still, I can't lay down in bed. Flat is not good. I feel like I am just choking on phlegm. It is terrible. And it creates huge coughing fits. I have been sleeping in the recliner for several days now. 

I am hoping that I am on the mend. This has been really awful stuff. 

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Our dd has been sick off and on for 3 months now... well for a few weeks then sick for a week....and repeat. Hope you're completely over it soon.