Blogs by Category

Sunday, October 18, 2009

blogging

Well, as you can see - I am back to blogging. My husband was laughing that I go for a period of time with no updates and then whammo - many updates. Sorry about that! My life has a certain eb and flow to it. I tend to get bogged down and don't have time to updated at certain times. My kids all play hockey and a week ago we had try outs. We were running back and forth to the rink. Then this weekend was the 7th grade retreat for our confirmation program. I am in charge of the coordination of that program. I was busy getting things ready. In the end the day went really well. I am so grateful! The retreat is based on temptations. We try to show the kids how temptations can lead them away from God. We also ask them to commit to God so that He will give them the strength to stand firm. Our verse for this year's retreat was Psalms 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation -
who shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life -
of whom shall I be afraid?

Some versions have that the Lord is the anchor of my life. So we used that concept and had anchors that looked like crosses on the t-shirts for the kids.

Anyway, that is what I have been up to and why I haven't been consistent in blogging. Now you are up to date! May God bless all of you!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

So glad you're blogging again. I always enjoy the variety of your posts especially the recipes, field trips, and art classes!

Debbie said...

Oh thank you so much. I really appreciate that. I am so glad that you stop by and always love your comments. Thank you.