Blogs by Category

Saturday, January 15, 2011

getting it all done

Cartoon of a Housewife with Cleaning Supplies clipart
Do you every feel harried? How do you get it all done?
Stylized Top Loading Washing Machine clipart

One trick that I have learned regarding housework is to not try to do it all at once. I do a bit here and a bit there. I don't try to clean the whole house as I never seem to have a block of time to accomplish that and it seems too overwhelming, too daunting. I pick an area and hit that! I do the bathroom about every other day. I also clean the kitchen quite often also. I find I always have 10 or 15 minutes here or there. I use that to target an area and make it better.

Second, I enlist the children to help. Again, everyone takes an area. It doesn't always make my children happy. For example, tonight we are watching the football game. During half time, I cleaned the kitchen floor and sent my oldest down to clean the downstairs bathroom. By the time, half time was over we were back and two areas were cleaner.
And Mom is happy!

Do you have any tricks to fitting it all in? What makes your life easier?
Harried Mom at the Supermarket clipart
I do have one other trick --- I make grocery shopping lists and send my husband. He will often even take a child or two with him. It is a great stress reliever to have a bit of time for myself or to have that time to get something else done. Plus, he really does a great job especially with the grocery shopping. He tends to stick more closely to the list and we tend to save more money that way!

3 comments:

cooperkelly4 said...

yay, I am so glad that you liked the dried apples. lol, the kids didn't like the banana chips as much either. The great thing about the dehydrator is it helps draw the sweetness out. We dehydrate apples pretty much every week. =0) Enjoy!

Cynthia said...

We do little "piles" here and there in 15 min increments, but I have a harder time fitting those in than just blocking out a couple solid hours somewhere during the week.. different years are different.

Debbie said...

Yes I wish I had a few hours but usually find that as long as I do a bit here and a bit there - it doesn't get out of control. It is the hockey season and for us that means lots of running in different directions.