Blogs by Category

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I was in one of those moods and just decided to let the bible fall open to any page - and let God's word speak to me. I have actually been pondering a situation and trying to determine if I should speak up or not. Interesting that the bible fell open to this:

Psalm 141

O Lord, I call to you; come quickly to me.
Hear my voice when I call to you.
May my prayer be set before you like incense;
may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice.

Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord;
keep watch over the door of my lips.

Sometimes God just speaks to us in the most amazing of ways. I had stopped to pray earlier today to ask if something else I had read in another book was speaking to this issue and if I should speak up. Then when I got home I opened the bible and this is what page fell open. I am pretty sure I have my answer - in a very clear voice!

I also just love the part of the verse about setting a guard over the mouth. Don't you think that should also apply to emails --- they didn't have email when the bible was written - but I think that verse could also say 'set a guard over our typing fingers!'

2 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

So true! Oh, how often we get into trouble with our words - speaking before we think. :)

Debbie said...

I think we underestimate the power of words, yet we shouldn't. It was by His word the world was created. Words have power! Yet, sometimes how carelessly we use them. :(