Blogs by Category

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Big Snow

Our area had between 12 to 23 inches of snow - depending on what part of town you were in. Plus lots of winds - creating some high drifts. Some of the drifts were 5 feet tall. Everything is closed today - even the stores. Honestly, it is very pretty outside. It is a heavy snow though. Tough to shovel. We had a smaller snowblower and it had a hard time going through some of the drifts. We have a neighbor that has a very big snowblower - even that had a bit of a hard time. He did the alley for us. We did all the sidewalks for him, us and the other neighbor next to us.


This is the neighbor across the way - and you can see just how buried things are. The snow is up to the tops of the windows on the car.
Just look at what we shoveled through. Amazing, isn't it!




4 comments:

Our Blessed Journey said...

brrrrrrrrrr:D---I vaguely remember that white stuff:D

Debbie said...

I bet you are glad you aren't here for this one. We haven't seen a snow this big in many years! It sure is pretty though. :)

Melissa said...

Well that answers my question on an earlier post! My goodness at the snow!

My nephew and his family moved to Minnesota this year (both he and his wife have lived in Georgia their whole lives til now). The pics they post on facebook are quite pretty, but I can't help but think, "Wow! What a transition!"

Candice said...

Our kids have been having a blast making snow tunnels and hobbit-holes! I'm happy they like it; I like it from inside! :)