Blogs by Category

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Kids say the funniest things

First to set the scene - my oldest son is 15 and my youngest is 7.

My youngest loves to pass wind --- thinks it is just the most hysterical thing in the world.
(It must be a 7 year old boy thing!)

Well, my youngest and oldest were riding in the car with my husband a few days before. They were also taking a friend of my oldest - who happens to be a girl. They are truly just friends. Our family is friends with her family.

Now we fast forward the few days and our youngest is at home passing wind in the house. Horribly smelly wind. My oldest finds it offensive and proceeds to tell my youngest that the girl who road with them found it horribly offensive when he had passed wind in the car. It smelled so bad that the girl was sliding all the way over away from my youngest. (He was thinking that letting my youngest know girls find it offensive would be an incentive to stop it.) My oldest said, 'yah, she was almost on my lap, cause she wanted to get away from you.'

My youngest (without missing a beat!) says, "you're welcome!" (with a dry kind of amused voice).

My husband who heard this whole thing about about split a gut laughing.

No comments: