Blogs by Category

Thursday, January 19, 2012

juicing - going GREEN

One of the healthy things that has been suggested to me is to work at raising my PH level. I got the test strips and my level was at the bottom of the acceptable range - which isn't horrible but I want to make sure it is well into that range. Green veggies help to make the body more alkaline. So it was recommended I do Green Smoothies with green supplements added in. Here it is in the blender.
Below is the concoction as it is starting to get blended.
This is the final product. It looks just awful doesn't it!! Well, surprise, surprise - I actually like it. My family thinks I am nuts but it really does taste much better than it looks.
If you are interested in giving this a try - here is the recipe from a friend's website: click here
I made the Basic Green Smoothie. I did not add any honey and I only added one apple - as I am not doing that much 'sweet' stuff. I cut out all soy and all sugar for now - until I get my body more stabilized - sugar will come back in moderation later. Actually I am hoping to add in more fruits soon. Anyway, since I have been off all sugar for 2 months now, adding just one apple made it seem incredibly sweet to me. I used just a little bit of kale and then I used collard leaves. The green powder came from here. Enjoy - it really is quite taste - ya just have to get past the look of it.

2 comments:

Karies place said...

Hey there. Just thought I'd drop a comment. It doesn't look too good. but knowing some of the things I have made didn't look great but tasted good so I understand. :)

Debbie said...

It really is kind of an unappetizing green color but it truly tastes good. The other one that I just tried recently was Popeye's Elixir (from that same website) - now that one was fantastic. Really, really good. Still it was a wonderful green color! I told one of my kids - don't look at it - just try it. It tastes way better than it looks. :)