Blogs by Category

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Recipe

Black Bean Quinoa

I tried this recipe that I found - it was really very good. I modified it some though. 

Here is a link to the recipe: link

I used a quinoa that had a mixture of various types of quinoa. It looked very colorful.





I did not have cilantro and didn't feel like running to the store. I also didn't use the Bragg's Liquid Aminos - that is like a soy sauce --- and Americans eat way too much soy. I have cut all soy out of my diet. Still, the recipe was good without the soy added in. It is a very different taste but it was very good. Loved the black beans with the quinoa. 

2 comments:

tabrandt said...

I am not really sure what it was.... but I thought it was good. 8-)

Debbie said...

My family has been very reluctant to jump on my healthy diet kick! Still, they do give the new dishes a try - and often times even find out - they aren't so bad! Thank you, sweetheart! Glad you liked it.