Blogs by Category

Monday, July 22, 2013

Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind by Ann B. Ross

Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind (Miss Julia, #1)

This was really a delightful read. Julia's husband recently died when on her doorstep shows up the proof of his infidelity --- a child. The child's mother leaves the child with Julia to watch because she needs to go find a way to support the child. I enjoyed the book quite a bit. I was surprised Miss Julia didn't speak up more and tell a few more people off --- after all the book is titled Miss Julia Speaks her Mind --- but I was surprised she never told the Pastor off. She seemed to have such a respect for authority that she couldn't muster up the courage to tell the Pastor off even when it was apparent he was just out to get her money. He was not acting Godly and was not acting in her best interests. I was surprised that she stayed in the church after seeing his true colors. I probably would have switched churches even if it meant driving to the next town. Very good book. Lots of humor. Miss Julia reminded me a bit of my grandmother and it was nice to think back and remember her. 

No comments: