Blogs by Category

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Book review

Interestingly enough - I started Time Flies by Claire Cook. Usually I have to finish a book just to know how it ends. This is the first book in a very long time that is just not good enough to even waste my time reading to the end. I did not like it. The storyline is drab. The best thing about the book is the fun picture on the cover and sadly - that is it! I thought I was just in a phase of being too busy to read because I just couldn't seem to pick it up to keep reading.


Time Flies

Then I picked up The Wishing Tree by Marybeth Whalen. It held my attention. I was engrossed and couldn't put it down. Stayed up late last night to finish reading.


The Wishing Tree

Loved this book. It was fantastic. Good story line. Good writing. Ivy Marshall discovers that her husband is cheating, her business is closing - all on the same day her sister's boyfriend proposes on live TV. She is jealous her sister has the fairytale romance that she doesn't have. She packs up and flees her cheating husband to go back home to help with the wedding. It is a process of figuring out where she came from, mending fences, and coming to terms with her past. It is also about the need to be forgiven and giving forgiveness to others. I do recommend reading this book. The other one - Time Flies --- leave that one on the shelf and don't waste your time. 

No comments: