Blogs by Category

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Excellent Fresh Tomato soup



We really enjoyed this Tomato soup with tomatoes fresh out of our garden. It was delicious. I did 'edit' it some. I made it completely organic and gluten free. I used olive oil instead of butter - and then added potato flour for the thickening agent. I did not add salt or sugar (who needs that - the tomatoes add enough of their own flavor). I did separate the soup into two pans - and added milk to most of it - as the rest of the family likes it creamy - and I loved it just as is. So no milk for me. Further, I just used a blender and blended all the ingredients - so they all stayed in the soup - no reason to 'lose' any of the good value of all those veggies. Since I planned to blended it I did not put the garlic in whole but chopped it up. Once blended it was fairly smooth. Click here for the recipe.  It was very, very good. 

No comments: