Blogs by Category

Friday, June 20, 2014

What odd looking lettuce!

We have had a very cool spring and start to the summer. Cooler than normal. And my lettuce seems to love it. I grow lettuce in a pot on a table on the back porch. This way the bunnies don't get to enjoy all my lettuce. This year I just can't eat it fast enough --- it keeps growing and growing.


It looks like a small bush - doesn't it. It is extremely tasty. Kids keep teasing me that my lettuce is out of control. They say it is starting to look like a small tree - I think it looks more like a small bush. Odd for lettuce, don't you think?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

What a great idea to grow it in a pot on your table! I need to give this a try!

Debbie said...

It is really convenient and it prevents the bunnies from getting all the lettuce. Obviously it grows well in a pot! Might grow a bit too well!