Blogs by Category

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Chicken or Chickpea Salad - no gluten, no soy, no dairy



I found this on foodbabe.com. It is suppose to be served as a sandwich in a wheat tortilla. It does say for gluten-free to use a brown rice tortilla. I have been gluten free and I guess I could have gotten the brown rice tortillas. My husband enjoys them. I just don't gravitate toward tortillas --- and I love salads. So I made the recipe but put it on a bed of mixed greens. I had some fresh garden tomatoes that I put on the side. It was delicious. Really loved it. And no soy, no gluten, no dairy. It does call for 1/4 cup organic yogurt -- and it does say you could use almond or coconut plain yogurt. I used the coconut yogurt but it was vanilla. I sent my husband for the plain and they didn't have it --- and vanilla is close. It was actually very good. Really loved it. Here is the link to the recipe. Click here. 

I was impressed with how quick and easy it was to make -- and how delicious it tasted. 

No comments: