Blogs by Category

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

8th Grade Confirmation Retreat - over - yah!!

The 8th grade confirmation retreat was last Sunday. Did you notice I wasn't posting for few days???? I first working on the retreat and making sure everything was ready and then I was recovering. It was a long day for me. I got there at 7:00 a.m. and was busy until 8:30 p.m. Very long day. But I think it was a success and that is what matters. There are a few things I would like to change for next year but overall it was a success. 

The day was a retreat for the 8th graders - in the aspect that we take them off site. The goal is for the 8th graders to think about what it means to be confirmed and then to write their mission statement and testimony. 

Interestingly it was agony for many of the girls as they wanted it to be perfect. And they analyzed and agonized over every word. The boys just wanted to get it done. Many of the boys needed to take more time and put in more thought and effort. 

It was interesting to see a visual difference between the boys and girls. (Now this is, of course, a generalization - and doesn't in any way apply to ALL girls or ALL boys. It was just a general observation that we saw develop during the day as the kids went through the process.)

No comments: