Blogs by Category

Saturday, April 11, 2009

recipe - monster cookies

My husband got this recipe from a lady he works with. The cookies are fairly healthy and taste very, very good. 


¾ c. brown sugar
¾ c. sugar
¾ c. unsweetened applesauce
4 eggs
1 c. unsweetened peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
6 c. oatmeal
½ c. oat bran
1 tbsp. baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 c. sunflower seeds
½ c. chopped pecans (optional)
1 pkg. chocolate chips

Mix ingredients, drop large spoonfuls on baking sheet, bake at 350 for 10 – 12 minutes (I find the time varies by pan and oven).

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

THANKS! I was just thinking about Monster cookies today and was wondering where I could find a recipe! I haven't had them in forever!

Debbie said...

My husband and kids loved them. But we have differences in tastes in our family. I had to leave choc. chips out of some. Put choc. chips in the rest --- but I use ones with no dairy in them for allergy boy. My husband told me that next time I make them he wants some with raisins as he would like raisins better than chocolate. Certainly it is healthier but none of the kids will eat raisins in cookies --- I know - they don't know what they are missing!! Still it makes one batch of cookies a challenge!

Hope you like them.
Deb