Blogs by Category

Thursday, November 5, 2009

food savings

Our local grocery store had meats on sale. If you bought the ham (which was a bit of money) then you got the turkey, breakfast sausage and eggs free. That is a savings of $13.94. The ground round was also on sale - and due to my husband's cholesterol issues we only get the better cuts of ground beef - either ground round or ground sirloin. So when it is on sale I buy several of them. Those are all roughly 3 pound packages and I got 5 of them. In the end I ended up spending $84.01 but I saved $47.99. Interestingly enough I saved so much that they needed a manager to come okay the order. For the most part I had only bought things on sale.

Funniest thing - I had also bought bagels and when I came in my oldest wanted to dive into the bagels. I wouldn't let him. He was totally confused - why wouldn't I let him eat them. Were they for something special? Nope!! I told him to put them on the table. He watched me in disbelief. What on earth are you doing, Mom? Well, I have to take a picture.

Next came the "you're going to blog about what food you bought??? No way! I gotta call Dad and tell him this one! He's just not going to believe it!"

Okay - ya know you are over the top with blogging when there is no eating until the picture is taken!!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

LOL. I take pictures of the strangest things too and my family is always shaking their heads at me.

Debbie said...

Now I get the comment - you aren't going to blog about that??!! Are you?! Absolutely - everything has blog potential! (snort)