Blogs by Category

Friday, January 8, 2010

The blessing

Let it be said of us
while we walked among the living
let it be said of us
by the ones we leave behind
let it be said of us
that we lived to be a blessing for life
let it be said of us
that we gave to reach the dying
let it be said of us
by the fruit we leave behind
let it be said of us that our legacy is blessing for life
this day
you set life, you set death right before us, this day
every blessing and curse is a choice now
and we will
choose to be a blessing for life
let it be said of us
that our hearts belonged to Jesus
let it be said of us
that we spoke the words of life
let it be said of us
that our heritage is blessing for life
(chorus)
for your Kingdom
for our Children
for the sake of every nation



4 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Beautiful sonG!:D

Debbie said...

Isn't is a wonderful song! I just really feel that is what my husband and I are called to do - to be a blessing to our boys so that they are led to follow Jesus.

Melissa said...

Oh that is a great song! I don't know if I've ever heard it before. I'll have to download that one to my ipod.

I enjoyed looking at your Christmas pictures! I really like the ones of your boys on your husband's blog. How did your Christmas reading go? (Just so you know, mine did not go as planned; it never does.)

I liked your blog about the zoo class. Your group does the neatest activities! Do you have a large homeschool group?

Blessings,
Melissa

Debbie said...

Thank you Melissa. We love field trips. Our homeschool group isn't overly large - I have to admit that a majority of the field trips I plan and organize. I used to organize the zoo classes but have since turned it over to a friend of mine - and she graciously is doing that. It is nice as then I can organize other field trips and events. I believe everyone has God given gifts - mine just happens to be organizational. So I use that gift to benefit the homeschoolers in this area.

Plus in the end my family benefits because for many of the field trips we have to have a group to get in for the cheaper group rates. It really is a huge cost savings to go as a group. It is the only way our family could afford to do all the field trips we do. For example, our zoo classes we fall under the school rate and get in for roughly $2 a child vs. paying the normal class rates of roughly $20 a student plus paying the entrance fee to the zoo. It is a huge cost savings.