Blogs by Category

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Quotes - Finding Noel

Finding Noel by Richard Paul Evans

I really enjoyed this book. There were some awesome quotes in the book and I thought I would share a few of them. 

"Man's extremities are God's opportunities." p.7

"Be kind to everyone - you don't know what cross they're bearing and how sweet that kind word might ring." p.7

"Nothing heals the soul like chocolate. I just love chocolate. It's God's apology for broccoli." p.16

"And then one day I had this epiphany. I realized that being a parent was like being the Wizard of Oz. .... You know the part when Dorothy and her friends go to see the Wizard? This big, ominous head talks to them and they're all terrified. Then her dog.... 
"Toto", I said. 
Right. Toto pulls back the curtain and there's a little man behind it pulling levers and throwing switches. And he says into his microphone, 'Ignore the man behind the curtain.' I think that being a parent is like being the man behind the curtain. We pretend that we know what we're doing -- that we're omnipotent and all-knowing --- when the truth is we're just back behind the curtain throwing levers and switches, doing the best we can." p. 208-209

"I once read that love is like a rose: we fixate on the blossom, but it's the thorny stem that keeps it alive and aloft. I think marriage is like that. Like my father said, the things of greatest value are the things we fight for. And in the end, if we do it right, we value the stem far more than the blossom." p. 302

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

God's apology for brocolli - lol...