Blogs by Category

Thursday, October 23, 2008

What I am reading

I have found another really good book and am enjoying it immensely. 

Title: God's Outrageous Claims 
Author: Lee Strobel

Lee Strobel used to be an atheist and having a Grandmother that was an atheist I can relate to where he was at when he was younger. The sad reality is that I will not see my Grandmother again as she never came to know Christ as her Lord and Savior. It saddens me greatly to know that and to think that there may be others in my family that are following in her foot steps. I pray that they are not and that they come to know Christ. 

Lee Strobel is fabulous. I just love his books. 

Quotes from the book:

"And I've found that when I think I can maneuver my way through ethical issues by the dim light of my own instincts, I inevitably take a fall. But when I let the wisdom, principles, and commands of Scripture shine into the situation, my options are much better illuminated." p. 67

"The trouble with the rat race.... is that even if you win, you're still a rat. But that doesn't have to be the case. God's outrageous claim is that you can survive the rat race without becoming a rat." p. 54

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

We also have several in our family who are atheists... it's sad.