Blogs by Category

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Very busy day

I had a very busy day and the next couple should be just as busy. The Faith Ink 7th Grade Retreat is coming up on Saturday and I am responsible for making sure all things come together. We had a Pastor cancel today --- we play a game called Stump the Pastor. Well, from 1 to 3 in the afternoon we are now pastor-less. This is not a good thing. Pray that we find a fill in. 

I got up - made dinner (yes first thing in the morning). I made a lentil soup. Turned out really good. Jt then made home-aide bread to go with. He always does a great job with the bread making. I will try to post the recipe for the soup tomorrow. It was very good. 

I did school with the two younger ones. JJ is now learning to read. He is doing well so far. Some days he seems into it and other days he just wants to get it over so he can go play. 

Then I headed into work for a few hours. Came back in time to put the soup on to reheat, run to the bank to get some $ for gas. Gas is down to $3.19 a gallon - that is the lowest we have seen in a very long time. I filled the tank. Needed the gas to get up to the hockey rink. 

Came home to eat dinner. We actually all came together for dinner and it was nice to have a home-aide, warm meal. After dinner, T ran to work and I ran the kids to hockey. The two oldest played. JJ and I did his math and phonics --- for awhile -- then he just wanted to play. I needed time to read Oliver Twist so I can discuss it intelligently with Jt. Jt is really enjoying the story --- impressive. We ended up at the rink all night. Didn't get home until 10:15 p.m. - kids had to shower and finally got them all in bed. T got home and they all had to get up to tell Dad about their day. Finally got them all back in bed. And I am exhausted. I am heading to bed also. Nite, nite. 

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Those sporting activities do cause a lot of late nights!

Gas here is down to $2.60 or so.... it's GREAT!

I need to plan meals further ahead so I can start the preparations earlier in the morning.