Blogs by Category

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Time to declutter


I got the family involved and we decluttered the one of the rooms in the basement. (Thank you to the family - I was glad to have their help.) We have more to do but after looking at the pile of garbage I feel a sense of accomplishment! It is a wonderful feeling. The room is far more usable now. The kids love to go down there to play the Wii and the playstation. I would like to get a new couch for down there. The futon that is down there is very old and not in good shape. We are hoping to go shopping for a couch tomorrow. Hopefully, we will find something nice and not too expensive.

3 comments:

Our Blessed Journey said...

isn't decluttering cleansing for the soul!

Debbie said...

Oh it is! We had so much fun and it was wonderful to see how nice things can look afterwards.

We did find a new couch. I will post on that later! :)

Collette said...

We have been slowing doing that since the beginning of summer but I seem to have more back in the spaces I already decluttered. And I can only declutter the kids and my areas, never the hubby's.... That is all prize stuff, perfectly good, might be used again treasurers. (i.e. a championship 4th grade basketball shirt that didn't even fit our oldest when he was in 2nd grade...