Blogs by Category

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

the "Man Cave"

We decided we needed to have a space for the men/boys in the house. My oldest had a workout bench set up in the basement but we decided to re-do the area. And the 'Man Cave' was created!

The workout bench still has a spot --- because it is a manly item and was allowed to stay.
We needed to purchase a new couch - the 'Man Cave' needed something for sitting on --- this one is a two seater - and both seats recline. There is a drink holder and a bin to store the remotes. Everything a man could desire!
This is the 'Man Cave'. We didn't have any other place to put the homeschooling bookshelves - but the men said it was okay if they stayed. Off to the right side - (you can only see the corner of the desk) is a computer desk table - where the 'men' can come and plug in their laptops. It is the computer station (because every 'man cave' needs a computer spot!)
And for all you women wondering - yes I am happy to have a 'Man Cave' where the boys can all go watch their sports, play the playstation and the Wii. Now I get my living room back and get to watch 'chick flicks' without complaint!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

I love it! What a great idea. You definitely need a man-cave with all those men in your home! Sounds like you will enjoy it as much as they will.

p.s. I love your blog's new look!

Debbie said...

I know I am seriously outnumbered by 'men' in this house. The Man-Cave just got cable hooked up tonight. They are thrilled!!! We have never really given the kids access to cable before - we have much of it blocked on the main TV. So this is new and we have told them it is a test - my oldest is now 14 and feeling like he needs more freedom. We shall have to see how it goes. It is only basic cable so they don't have 'all' the channels. Still even basic TV has stuff my husband and I don't think the kids need to see. Alot of it is just garbage. But at 14 he needs to start making choices (under our watchful eye).

Debbie said...

Melissa - thank you! :) I am glad you like the change - I was feeling like it was time to do something different. Every now and then I just feel the need to change it up. Still I am not as creative as those that make their own designs. It is just one of the basic blogger choices but I think it is fun to change once in a while.

Karies place said...

As Melissa said, men cave are nice. That way the messy smelly stuff stays out of regular household stuff.

Debbie said...

Oh Karie,
Isn't that the truth!

Caseybumpinalong said...

Oh my goodness, I want a man-cave! Love the double chair. We have a basement to redo soon, may consider your idea!

Our Blessed Journey said...

This sounds like HEAVEN--for you--when they are ALL dwelling in their cave together:D

Collette said...

Love it! Everyone needs a place to be theirs. I like that you were able to have it be all of theirs and yet the rest of the house remains yours.... Enjoy!!

Sara @ Embracing Destiny said...

Great idea! I'd love to have a rec room/family room like this to keep clutter contained. Unfortunately we don't even have a basement!

I left a blog award for you here:
http://embracingdestiny.blogspot.com/2010/08/blog-awards.html