Blogs by Category

Friday, December 3, 2010

excellent recipe - potatoes

A friend from church told me his wife makes this for him and he loves it. I decided to give it a try and it was truly wonderful tasting. (Sorry no picture - I completely forgot to get the camera out!) Trust me though - these are really good.

And so simple ---


Take some potatoes.

Now my friend said to peel them first but I think the skins are good - plus lots of vitamins in the skins. So I kept the skins on. Washed the potatoes and then cut them into wedges.

Put some olive oil in a bowl.

Also take some cornflakes - I took a glass and rolled it over the cornflakes so that it crushed them up.

Dunk / roll the potatoes in the olive oil.

And then roll them in the cornflakes.

Put on a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil.

Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes at 375. My friend just said cook it until it seems done. I choose 375 and they were done in about 50 minutes. Basically, they should be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.

They were very, very good. My husband and oldest son were 'fighting' over them. My two youngest didn't eat them - but they are not a good judge of things - they are my picky eaters. If we all ate what they liked we would all have to live on peanut butter and jelly.

No comments: