Blogs by Category

Sunday, March 20, 2011

feeding teenaged boys

Wow - it is amazing to me how very much a teenaged boy will eat!!

I have found a few things that are cost affective, filling and cheap!

Potatoes - I buy them in the 10 pound bag - usually not overly expensive. I think the last bag was round $3.00 or so. Whenever I make a meal in the oven, I throw in potatoes to bake. These are then used the next day to make hash brown potatoes. I put some olive oil in the pan. Add some onions and green peppers. Then cut up the already cooked potatoes into slices. Throw those in. Cook until warm and slightly brown (or crispy if you like).

While I don't recommend it for adults as we don't need all the carbs, for a teenaged growing boy that works out all the time and burns off all that fuel --- it is a great side dish for lunch and not to expensive. It is very filling!

I also make a special treat for the boys - because they always seem to need snacks! Honestly, we can finish a meal and as I am still doing the dishes they are in looking to eat! I have started taking apples and dehydrating them! It is a wonderful, healthy snack. They love them and they aren't took expensive.

Just sharing a few ideas! What have you found that works?

1 comment:

tabrandt said...

That is all he does is eat and p***