Blogs by Category

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New study

Mercola has a very informative article on a new study that links Breast cancer to aluminum.

He lists vaccines as a major source of aluminum.

Here is a link to the article:

There are two other sources of aluminum that I have found. Aluminum is found in deodorant and baking powder. A few years ago I switched to using Arm & Hammer Essentials Natural Deodorant. It is aluminum free and can be found at most grocery stores. Tom's is another good brand that I have used.
The baking powder is harder to find - I have not found it in the local grocery stores but Trader Joe's carries Rumford Aluminum-Free Baking Powder. They don't have it all the time but seem to stock it during the holiday baking season. It was fairly inexpensive there. I am sure you can find it at your local health food store, too.

Just wanted to share a few products that I have found that work well and are aluminum free.

4 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

I use that same baking powder. :) Still trying to find an adequate deoderant as I'm finding it isn't working as well as I need it to.

Debbie said...

I do find that the Arm & Hammer works better for me than the Tom's does. I have also found a Deodorant that is for men that has no aluminum - it is AXE - only their deodorant sticks - I have found two kinds Phoenix and Fresh Action

Sara @ Embracing Destiny said...

I've been in search of aluminum free deodorant, too! I do like Tom's of Maine products very well because they also have gluten free stuff (I have Celiac disease). However, my husband says that deodorant isn't good enough for him and he needs that antiperspirant added in, which seems to be the aluminum part. We have not tried the AXE brand, though. I'll have to tell him about that.

Collette said...

Thanks for sharing... I have yet to ever go into a Trader Joe's. I am thinking that once I do, I will not want to go to my regular stores... But I will have to get some of that baking powder.

My oldest received AXE as part of a gift when we were in Sweden from his host family and uses it and shampoo and body soap and loves it... Good to know about the aluminum. So glad to have you as a friend and a source of info... You rock.. :)