Blogs by Category

Sunday, March 20, 2011

new recipe

I tried a great new recipe for chicken ---- and I took a great picture of it. I can 'see' the picture on my camera but can't download it to my computer. My husband is working on fixing the problem. I decided to blog on - and just go with clip art.

Turkey_oven_big

Don't you love my chicken! Yep I cooked her up!

Anyway, the whole family loved this even my picky eaters!

Take French's Original French Fried Onions - about 2 cups. Crush with a rolling pin (or a glass will work).
Take boneless chicken breasts and dip them into an egg.
Then coat with onion crumbs, pressing them to the chicken if they don't stick well.
Place chicken on a baking sheet and bake at 400 for 50 minutes. (Or however long it takes for the chicken to no longer be pink in the center.) I had really large chicken breasts and they were still partially frozen - so they took about 50 minutes. If they are smaller and completely thawed I would think 30 minutes would do the trick.

The chicken tasted delicious. I actually have to confess that I heard this on TV on a commercial for French's Fried Onions. I hate to even admit that the commercials 'sell' anything. I truly try to blot most commercials out. For some reason, I was listening and this commercial caught my eye. I actually sent my husband to the store to buy French's Fried Onions today just to make this. Sadly, the commercial did the trick. It was good though.

No comments: