Blogs by Category

Friday, November 21, 2008

Date night

We actually had a date night. 

It was wonderful. My hubby got free tickets to a night out at the art museum. They had drinks, food, music, etc. The gallery was open - the exhibit was called React/Interactive art. It was very expressive and somewhat odd at times. 

Interesting though - the people that attend art shows are just - well - I guess the older I get - the younger and odder they get. Makes me understand that there is a generation gap and I am part of it. Some of the stuff we saw. Wow. 

We were walking around and I saw several people with wristbands. I asked dh about it and he laughed - he said that was for those that got carded. They say the person is old enough to drink. Well, we didn't get one?!  Dh laughed and said we are so old no one needed to card us. Great!!! 

We have now entered the 'no need to card' group. Whoooo hooo. Isn't that a great mile marker to hit. 

Think I need another glass of wine. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HAH. Not getting carded anymore. Too funny.

Hope you enjoyed it. Our youngest wanted to know what exactly we needed to go out on a date for because we had all that time before they came along and now I/we should be with them....

Until the sitter arrived and then it was, "Don't you have to go? See you later."

Debbie said...

Not getting carded was just a sad, sad moment - letting me know just how old I am getting - I think that at a certain point we get to subtract birthdays - as our kids get older we get younger.

We haven't been on date night in a long time and it was needed. The art museum was not exactly what I would have chosen but my hubby loved it. I would have preferred dinner and a movie or even dancing. My hubby dislikes dancing though and only did it when we were dating - and he was trying to impress me. Now, not a chance.

It is fun now though. We don't need a babysitter. Jt is old enough. It is rather freeing.