Blogs by Category

Friday, November 21, 2008

What a hoot!!

My oldest son loves to make bread. He loves to try different recipes. 

He will even improvise with recipes - and they always turn out great. I am just so impressed that my 12 year old son can make home-aide bread. 

Tonight he made a whole wheat 10 grain bread. It was fabulous. We had that with the soup I made. It was a very good meal. 

He asked me to go to the store tonight to get him some more bread flour. He doesn't add gluten to the breads and the recipe says if you don't add gluten then substitute 1/4 of the amount of wheat flour with white flour. We don't use white flour so we use bread flour - it is lighter but still made with whole wheat. 

I just think it is a hoot to have my 12 year old son asking for me to buy bread flour for him so he can make more home-aide bread tomorrow. 

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

WOW! I'm impressed. What a great son you're raising.

Debbie said...

I am hoping that his eventual wife will be grateful that he can cook more than just eggs. He actually makes beef stew and other things. He really enjoys cooking. I also think it has to do with the fact he just loves to eat.