Blogs by Category

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Seven Year Switch by Claire Cook

This book was very different from what I have been ready lately. It is by the author that wrote Must Love Dogs. It is definitely a girls' book. This is the kind of book you can read while at the beach because if you miss a line or two - it really isn't anything earth shattering.

I kind of like the book. I couldn't put it down as I wanted to find out what she ends up doing but in the end it just kind of leaves you hanging. Nothing is really solved except that she find out her husband is a creep --- but we knew that in the beginning of the book.

The husband ducks out of her life and the life of their daughter for 7 years. He wanted to be free and not tied down. He doesn't send child support, write or call at all. Then after 7 years shows up in person - just there he is. He wants back in. And the book centers around whether or not Jill can forgive him and trust him again. I guess I was looking for something more profoundly stated about the human condition. I like light-hearted reading but still want some sort of a moral lesson. This one just didn't have it. So I found it slightly lacking.

No comments: