Blogs by Category

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Uncle Steve ROCKS!!



My husband's brother, Steve, is just simply the best.

Since my husband is still on crutches it would be very difficult to spend a day out in the woods, walking on uneven ground and camping overnight with the scouts.

So dearest Uncle Steve came to take our youngest to Cub Scout Parent and Me overnight. Isn't that awesome! No words can even come close to explaining how much this means to us. He is simply the best uncle! My husband was to do this and physically couldn't --- I am scheduled to work all weekend at the ball park. We were concerned JJ wouldn't get to go - and he would have been so disappointed. Uncle Steve came to the rescue.

He is so wonderful. JJ was just thrilled to be able to still go. He caught two toads as he was setting up the tent. My husband went along with our middle child to be sure Uncle Steve knew how to set up the tent. He got to see the joy on JJ's face as he got to the campsite and started setting up. JJ couldn't wait to get to go do the bow and arrow shooting and the bb guns. He was off to go do that as my husband left.

No comments: