Blogs by Category

Friday, July 9, 2010

Thankful Fridays

I haven't been keeping up with this as I would like but realized that today is Friday!

Thankful Fridays

1) I am thankful it is Friday! I had a very busy week and am grateful to have the weekend here. My husband is around on the weekend and it is nice to have his help!

2) I am thankful for the fact my husband is more mobile - still on crutches but more mobile. He is able to help out more and it is so appreciated. He volunteered to take the two oldest tomorrow morning early and drop them off for scout camp. I am staying here with JJ - who doesn't get up well in the early mornings. I am thankful for the opportunity to sleep in tomorrow!

3) I am thankful for the fantastic leaders and parent volunteers we have with our boys' scout troop. I am also thankful for the older high school boys that are in the scout troop - they are wonderfully, good Christian boys that lead by example. The adult leaders are just wonderful and great Christians that are willing to share their time and love of Christ with the kids.

4) I am thankful for the summer. It is a nice break for the routine of the school year. And since we got behind due to Dad's illness --- it is a time to catch up on the school work we haven't finished.

5) I am thankful for my oldest who is always willing to help his Dad. I am going to miss him greatly this coming week. He has so much patience with my husband. My husband gets upset when we kindly let him know he is demanding - but here is an example - when he wants a glass of water - it has to be in a certain glass, - sometimes with no ice, - sometimes he wants ice and then he needs a napkin to set the glass on. It isn't just a simple glass of water. My son is so accommodating and is willing to find out all my husband's little quirks and cater to them. He is so dear and sweet. It is going to be rough as I will now have a week of having to fill the needs. I am not quite as patient as my son is and after a week of him being gone --- I might have this as another thing I am thankful for next week - thankful he is almost home as I will need his help.

6) I am thankful for the boys who mowed the lawn and weed-wacked. They did that today so that hopefully it won't need to be done while they are gone this next week. I am so thankful to not have to do this task while they are gone!

7) I am thankful for all the adults that donated their time and talents to help make our Youth Toastmasters Showcase a success! What a blessing they all are and we so appreciate them. Thank you.

8) I am thankful for the fact it is less humid - we have had really unbearably hot, humid weather lately. It is nice that today and the next few days will be slightly cooler and less humid. I love warm weather but not the humidity.

9) I am thankful for the 4th of July as it is a reminder of the sacrifice that others gave for our freedoms. May we always remember that and not take it lightly.

10) I am thankful for God and for His forgiveness - something I seem to need on a daily basis! Isn't He amazing! I am thankful we live in a country where we can worship Him as we see fit and I pray that never changes!

No comments: