Blogs by Category

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Book Review - Three Weeks with My Brother

Another fabulous book by Nicholas Sparks. This one was co-authored with his brother Micah Sparks.

I was amazed by how much adversity these two have faced and yet they are very close. They remained close through the adversity - fighting for each other, praying for each other and lifting each other through the tough times. I wish so much for siblings that would be that kind of friend. It saddens me greatly that my sisters really are just not that way. When I was down and lost two babies - one of my sisters saw it as an opportunity to kick me. I was down for the count so she came to finish off the job. It was very sad. I still pray for her but really to this day want nothing to do with someone so vicious. I envy his close relationship with his brother but find that no matter how much I pray for that - it just isn't happening in my world. I remember when I realized that I would probably never have that - it almost felt like a death - the death of a dream - the death of an ideal. It sadden me greatly.

A great book. It really shows adversity and how one can rise above it as these two brothers have. I enjoyed reading about their relationship.

No comments: