Blogs by Category

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Painting project part 3

Two of the walls are painted. We realized as we were looking at one of the walls we needed to fill in a few more nail holes. Honestly with 11 years of holes to file in it is amazing we only missed a few!!

Resting and contemplating how to do the next two walls with so much furniture in the way. This small room houses a bunkbed, two dressers and a bookcase. Lots of stuff to shuffle around to paint.
By the way, my contribution to this project was to thoroughly clean the room so this project was even possible (I did that on my mom time with the kids away!). I also helped pick out the border. The matching paint my kids and husband picked out. I am not good with matching paint colors. I can give a general idea of what I want and my husband is great at running with it. He makes it work. I love him for that!!

I did get asked if I was going to actually help paint. So far I have been blogging about it - no painting.

4 comments:

tabrandt said...

You are correct... I hate my photo take/posted - sigh - but the project is almost complete and the boys love their new pad.

Melissa said...

Great job! I love when my family tackles a project together...well, maybe not so much while we're in the middle of it (with the kids "helping")but when it's done, I'm glad we all worked together!

And I love the field trip pics you posted. Sounds like lots of fun!

Thanks for sharing!

Cynthia said...

It looks GREAT!

Debbie said...

I too love it once the project is completed. It is hard to go through the rip the room apart stage though. Thankfully the project will finish up tomorrow. My MIL is coming to help hang the border. My husband and I just don't do wallpaper well - so she is coming to help. We are hoping she will also make curtains for the room. Then we just have to put the shelves back up - so that they trophies can go back on the them. Right now they are in boxes in the hallway.