Blogs by Category

Thursday, July 9, 2009

latest frustration with TOG curriculum

Okay, my latest frustration with the TOG redesign digital -----

They have listed in their R level literature readings in Poetics and Frameworks but in the curriculum it doesn't tell you what information to read. So I emailed them to ask this simple question and the answer I got back was to check out their new Beta Version DE. Excuse me????

I just want to have the page numbers to read so I can schedule the readings for my son. If I wanted to go so far as to have to decided what belongs with each week I would write my own curriculum and not buy a curriculum. I feel this is an assignment in the current curriculum I own and that it should clearly tell me what that assignment is. I don't feel I should have to 'figure it out on my own'. And more importantly, I shouldn't have to pay for a new version to get the reading assignments listed plainly --- with page numbers.

I read their response to me and was furious. I had to wait to respond and ask the same question again - this time clearly letting them know I am not interested in buying an upgrade but just wanted to know the page numbers of the reading assignments listed in my current curriculum. Too much to ask???

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Nope. Not too much to ask... I'll refrain from saying anymore (LOL)!

Debbie said...

I know, I know. I too am trying to have patience with them but honestly they are trying my patience. The curriculum is still the right solution for our family but I wish I could have less interaction with the company. If there was a better solution for our family I would switch in a heart beat.