Blogs by Category

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

And to top it all off

On Monday I went downstairs to find that 'someone' had left the freezer open. And I had meat thawing. Thankfully, it was only the stuff on the top shelf. It reminds me of the Family Circus comics (remember them - am I dating myself) - apparently we had "I don't know" and "Not Me" visit our house. And one of them rudely left the freezer open!

2 - 3 lb packages of ground beef
1 - package of boneless pork
2 - frozen pizzas (we ate those right away for lunch on Monday)

Last night we used one of the packages of ground beef - my oldest was in charge of dinner and he cooked the beef, made brown rice, mixed it in and added spaghetti sauce. It is very good and very easy. We had enough to eat and some to freeze.

Tonight the family had the boneless pork.

And now I just have to make up a batch of chili and taco meat with the last 3 lb package of beef.

I will freeze that for when things get crazy in the next week or two. Just didn't plan on being this prepared with meals!!

No one has laid claim to the freeze incident. No one ever leaves it open?! Yet, at least 4 different times in the last two years I have found it open and had to cook up meat. It is most frustrating! How hard can it be to close the freezer?! I have banned "I don't know" and "Not Me" from touching the freeze.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

lol...we've had a visit from "I Don't Know" and "Not Me" recently, too! Wish I could figure out exactly how to ban those pesky visitors!

Cynthia said...

Glad you didn't lose any meat!

Debbie said...

Yes it was a real blessings that we didn't lose any of the meat. The freezer was packed full. It really would have been quite a loss.