Blogs by Category

Friday, April 30, 2010

SuperMom Cape -- broke

I have discovered that my SuperMom cape has lead in it.

Yesterday, in the afternoon I had to run to the eye doctor because my youngest broke his glasses. Thankfully, the frames were still under warranty. We had to order new ones as they didn't have them in stock and they just arrived yesterday. So I made the trip to get the frames and have the lenses installed in the new frames.

When I get back home, Tom tells me that his foot has been bleeding alot - he is worried about it. It is throbbing alot. Really hurts. He called and talked to the nurse who told him that what he had done was extensive. It was a really big tumor and it is expected that he will be in pain. Bleeding is normal at this stage, also. That is why he still can't shower yet- they expect it not to be closed enough.

He did decide that he couldn't completely go off the demerol and needed that to be refilled. He is using tylenol 3 during the day and going to take demerol to help him through the night. He finds he is in more pain during the night.

Anyway, I just got home to find I had to go to pick up his prescription (because they can't call in narcotics - it has to be picked up). I asked our youngest to read his phonics to Dad while I went to pick up the prescription and turn it into Walgreens to be filled. Tom, then, asked if he had to. Couldn't I do it when I get back? I told him that my SuperMom cape was broke and he had to help out - all he had to do was let JJ read his phonics to him. Tom grimaced and said yes.

4 comments:

tabrandt said...

Actually I don't think it is broke, I think it just got a little messed up and maybe put on upside down so that it just wasn't working quite like you are used to.

Besides, it sure is a cute little cape.

Twisted Cinderella said...

my supermom cape gets a little heavy every once in a while too.

Melissa said...

I'm sorry everything is piling up on you! Try to remember, "this too shall pass." This "season" will be over before you know it (however, it probably doesn't seem like it to you!). I will pray that it goes quickly and things will begin to return to normal for you soon!

Debbie said...

You are so right - it is just for a season. We are just so thankful that this is all fixable for Tom -- and not cancer --- very grateful.

I just kind of get a kick out of telling him my SuperMom Cape is full of lead or it is broke - yesterday I told him I was handing in my SuperMom Cape! It is my way to keep the humor! Sometimes all ya can do is laugh and know this too shall pass!

Some days though the cape seems really heavy and weighs me down! I am getting better at asking for help then. Usually I try to do it all and forget that we have some awesome friends and wonderful family that has all offered to help. And I need to be better about allowing them to help.