Blogs by Category

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

still here

We are still at home. Taking the tylenol helped a bit. His temp is now 100.1 --- I still felt that required a call again to the doctor. He was wonderful. He said it was considered a low grade fever and was on the border as to whether we go to the hospital or not. He recommended taking one more tylenol and then monitoring him through the night. If it spikes up or we have any other concerns to call him back immediately. The doctor believes the fever is a reaction to the pain. He recommended also getting a cool cloth on his forehead and/or wrist, too.

Thank you for praying - please keep praying. It seems like it will be touch and go all night.

3 comments:

Our Blessed Journey said...

Wow Debbie---I just caught up with your blog (have been down in FL visiting my parents)---First, I'm so grateful to hear the tumor was beneign! and Next--you and Tom are definitely in my prayers for a full recovery with no complications!! (and I know this is a lot on your shoulders--definitely thinking about you--but enjoy some of this free-time to run the errands and stuff--that'll be a nice switch:) I will talk to my mom (retired gerantology RN) to see if she has suggestions on getting that transfer chair for a lot cheaper, used--or something (unless the idea of a used one bothers you--I can see feeling sqeamish on that:)

Debbie said...

Used would be great. I have both my mom and my mother in law checking used shops for one. Hopefully one will turn up! Thank you

Debbie said...

Thank you for praying for us. We so appreciate the prayers. Thank you