Blogs by Category

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

So how fast is 3 MONTHS!!

The latest ----

We went to Tom's doctor and it is healing up well. He still can't get it wet - therefore no showers until next week's apt. He wants to see it then and will let us know if he is released to bath. Until then it is sponge baths.

Also, I did ask how long until he thinks Tom will be able to drive. 3 MONTHS. 3 MONTHS! Seriously! 3 long MONTHS

Ohhh wellllll. What else can we do! Still, that was rather discouraging news for us to hear. He will most likely go back to work after a month or 6 weeks --- and I will have to drive him and pick him up every day.

We also found out that this was impressive enough of a procedure that as long as Tom heals up okay - the doctor is planning to write it all up for an article in one of the medical magazines - he even has pictures --- of the foot all opened up. My husband loved the pictures and thought it was soooooo cool - because it's not often do you get to see inside your own body. I, of course, thought but seriously - who wants to! Doctors I suppose.

The doctor also had to share that he was thrilled as it is the first time he actually got to see a bone weakened prior to it actually becoming a full stress fracture. It was the start of one and no one ever gets to see them in the stage of developing - the doctors only see them once they have broken and need fixing. So he thought it was awesomely cool!

I am not always sure it is good to be the patient that the doctors all go 'cool - can we see!'

We had that even when we ended up at Urgent Care! Apparently one of the doctors had never seen thrush before and our doctor (we had the more experienced one) had the other doctor come in and was pointing out the classic signs of thrush!

3 comments:

Robin Merrill said...

Hi Debbie! You won the copy of Tea with Hezbollah on my blog! Email me your address and I'll send it to you! (You can email me through my website at www.robinmerrill.net)
Peace!
Robin

Debbie said...

Thank you Robin - that is wonderful. I am so excited! I have had lots of time to read while hanging out in doctor's offices lately. Fabulous timing - can't wait to read it. :)

Cynthia said...

Glad it's going well. I thought before I read it was going to be six MONTHS before he could go back to work. Six weeks doesn't seem too bad!